Friday 5 April 2019

And it's the little things

that bring you up.

Got a message from my son this morning. He's out in the wilds of Australia in an isolated rural place. It was the usual thing - sorry, haven't forgotten you, Monday blew up.... (I love getting texts from my son.)

And I've drawn a pic of a man with daggers in his back for my Hastings Bookchat blog. I'd been warned that there was no-one to help with pics and illustrations. Oh that's fine, I'd said. I can do it myself. But it wasn't that easy. I looked on google and found a good pic but it cost £7. Then I found a free one but it had a watermark and dubious looking links embedded. So I drew one myself - not a pic, just an outline - and it looked iffy. But then. But then... I managed to digitally enhance it. I changed the black to white and there it was - looking good.

I'm going to cook now. It's my turn. Paul made a sponge pudding yesterday and there's half left! He's a pudding king (as well as a bread king). And after the pudding, we'll have some fruit. Jonagolds and bananas.....


No comments:

Post a Comment