Wednesday 3 April 2019

If ups the word....

I was going to start my first post with the title of 'Grey Wednesday' but decided against it. Start as I mean to go on I tell myself so I dragged a bit of e. e. cummings out of my brain. Gloriously positive with no punctuation.

Just looked it up and discovered that the poet didn't come first in the google list. No, it was somebody called Quantum Kreilkamp with music named after the poem. Quantum Kreilkamp! An image rises of someone bent over with terrible stomach ache.

Anyhow, here's the first verse from e.e.:
If up’s the word; and a world grows greener
minute by second and most by more
if death is the loser and life is the winner
(and beggars are rich but misers are poor)
let’s touch the sky:
with to and a fro (and a here there where) and away we go
Don't worry. I'm not at all relentlessly positive. More often grumpy and moany without reason, but just for now - let the world grow greener.

Was going to end there with a pic of greenery but as I sit in this chair with my cup of tea, I realise that what I'm looking at is the shop over the road and a grey sky so I'll leave the pic till next time - you have to imagine the greenery. Or look out of your own window. 

No comments:

Post a Comment