Sunday 7 April 2019

Blue Rumour - Smile and bounce!

It's Beatles Day at the White Rock today and we're on at 16.40. Have just had our final practice and have decided that the only way forward is to smile and bounce.

Bound to work....... more later.

Wellllll - we got there and I discovered that I should have brought a guitar lead. How could I have thought I didn't need one, I asked myself. But Paul gave me one of his and borrowed another one for his foot pedal. Thank god for Paul!

Elaine and Diego turned up and so did Jill and Mike - I love you all - and there was Nigel smiling at us as well as a heap of other people. So far so good.

But as soon as we started, the sound was like the bells of hell. Paul's guitar was too loud. Mine was inaudible. The vocals were buried somewhere. Talk about smile and bounce - it was the only thing that got us through the first number. Or nearly to the end of it. Lady Madonna ground to a halt in a flurry of feedback. Try again.

The rest of it was pretty awful because of the sound balance - very hard to play when you can't hear yourself play or sing (apparently the monitor wasn't working properly) but everyone told us it was fine.  All thanks to the clapping of friends and a little smile and bounce.

I'll post one of the photos that Elaine took. Found out later that Beatles Day raised more than 21K. It's thanks to Pete Prescott for his huge amount of work. This is his last year and he deserves thousands of gold stars.

Back to my writing. Esme and Dani are waiting, impatient to get on with their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment