Saturday 20 April 2019

The Third Novel


I'm just starting the third book this week of the kind I don't usually read. A thriller, a detective story and finally, a horror story. The first was well written and easy to read, the second was badly written but easy to read, and the third is in a different class. The first one won't sell. The second and third ones will definitely sell. The third one has a chance of becoming a bestseller. What I can't figure out is the 'why'. (yes, I can analyse this, that and the other aspect but it's the magical something that makes the third novel stand out - some kind of special originality....)

The third novel is All My Colors by David Quantick. Will post about it again when I've finished reading it.

I wish I could be as objective about my own novels. It's impossible, but I do have to write them so I'll crack on and trust that I get better with practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment