Thursday 15 August 2019

Title - got it! I think....

Yesterday morning I was walking by the sea on my way to a training session for volunteers for the Hastings Literary Festival with my head still full of my story (I took this picture on the way - it was a grey day - not like today when the sun is shining again.)

It's a tale of many halves - life versus death, blood versus blood, woman versus man, mother versus father, parent versus child, sister versus brother, past versus present.

It's also a tale of modern times and mindsets, fixed versus changing.

The title is not about focusing on the main message because there isn't one - it's about focusing on the main question.

So I look to where my story finishes and see where Aulani is looking at the end and decide that my title is The Sauly Bird.

This may change again, of course, but we'll see.

Thank you, dear friends out there - it's been a great help to talk this through with you and I feel as though that's what I've done.

I hope your own titles are landing clear and sweet.

...........................
previous posts in this thread:
Title Nights
Title Nights Update
Title Nights - the spirits of the dead

No comments:

Post a Comment