Thursday 19 September 2019

Perfect Days

Yesterday I went to my writing circle meeting and we sat in the sunshine at Goat Ledge in St Leonards right on the beach with the sun shining, the sea sparkling and a blue September sky. The coffee was hot and strong and I did no writing at all for the whole two hours because the conversation and just being there was so good - the people are lovely, every one of them (as well as talented and all....).

After that, I went to lunch with a friend and we talked for the whole afternoon in a cafe by the sea.

And today I almost did the same thing all over again. Two days off. Sitting by the sea in the sunshine drinking coffee, talking.

I hadn't been looking forward to today because I had to go to the dentist (also in St Leonards) but Paul came with me because he had things to do at that end of town - and we had lunch together afterwards. (It's Paul in the photo, taking pics as we walked to St L.)

This evening I've finished my final draft of The Sauly Bird so I'm ready to send it off to agents and publishers. That's good - can hardly believe that I've finished it so quickly.

My fiddle playing isn't good but that's my fault and not a disaster. I'm wondering whether to leave out the fiddle tunes when we do our gig next Wednesday. I've got a new bow coming tomorrow but nothing will cure the bad playing except for more practice than I've got time for. Never mind - I can play the fiddle at home and use the guitar for the gig.

And tomorrow night two friends are arriving from Austria - so yes, as John Revell would say, my cup is full.

I hope that every one of you who ever reads this will have perfect days sitting talking to friends with the sun shining on you.



No comments:

Post a Comment