Thursday 12 September 2019

Unfinished business

I understand why I can't get on with Don't you remember me? It's because the Dani and Esme stories are languishing in a drawer (actually they're languishing on a memory stick next to my bed).

I had almost got to the point of self-publishing. My friend sent an email with a quote in it that said a poem was never finished, only abandoned and I went to look at the story files in preparation for looking for cover pics and asking my friend to help me go through the self-publishing process.

But oh no - when I got there, I was drawn in once more and I decided to have one last go at rewriting these stories. My aim is to balance the voices. I would like Esme's voice and Dani's voice to be equally appealing but maybe it's not possible. Anyhow - one last try.

[Here's where I was worrying about these stories before - Never Alone.]

If I do go ahead with this final rewrite, it will take a while. The rewriting of three novels can't be done in the blink of an eye.

Apart from thinking about all this, I'm practising my fiddle ready for the gig that's coming up in a couple of weeks time. We're going to a session tonight to try some of them out. With the Eastern European ones we do it once round slowly and then once round fast. I hope we don't go so fast in the first place that I fall off.

What are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment