Wednesday 1 May 2019

Surely you haven't forgotten it - It's 'All My Colors' by David Quantick!

Well..... phew.... I've just finished it! What a book! It's All My Colors by David Quantick.

It says on the back that it's - a morality tale, a comedy and a horror story all rolled into one. Well, that nearly put me off because I don't like horror stories, but a mix of morality and comedy, I could go for that.

It's about a writer! Deep breath here. It's Todd Milstead, a writer who can't write but who has a photographic memory. And then he remembers - in its entirety - a book that everyone has forgotten. It's All My Colors.

I couldn't believe it - started reading and couldn't stop. I laughed out loud from time to time (got funny looks from people in buses). I kept on thinking though that this was a man's book.... and then I changed my mind.

Not really horror, more bits of nightmare that keep happening as Todd lurches through life on his way to the dreamed-of best seller..... You'll never believe the twists and turns and yes, the morality tale is there, too. It's not what you expect. It's in the ending but, like Todd, you don't see it coming. Although when you look back, maybe, like him, you should have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment