Wednesday 30 October 2019

Overcoming fear

One, two three, go!

'I'm too old to even worry about it' - now who said that? It might have been Jimmy Reed.

I realise that I've been putting off getting my first series of novels published because I've been worried about this, nervous about that. Not sure that they are good enough. Not wanting to be judged.

The truth of it will likely be that nobody will notice my books. It's like playing a gig and you make a mess of a song. Surprisingly, people don't seem to notice, but it burns a hole inside your head so you want to disappear, wear dark glasses never to be recognised again, stay indoors for the rest of time. My fiddle teacher used to cheer me up by saying, 'Don't worry - forget about it. It happens to everybody. It won't be on the news.'

So I've made a decision to publish my first novel before Christmas. I was going to put it off until March. And once I've done the first one, I shall hopefully, follow it with the others 

No comments:

Post a Comment